Wednesday, September 23, 2009

click to enlarge!

Here's how I decorate my home office:

-I've collected quite the family of unicorns over the years. I found the tall one in the family basement. I assume she belonged to my sister. The goatee dude and the three kids were given to me in the box on the very right with the National Geographic clippings piled on top. Cronos, a cat, broke the middle one.
-My high school class ring is in there. It's an awesome piece of jewelry.
-The shot glass full of buttons is a gift from Germany. The buttons were found or purchased by me and are mostly made by friends.
-Behind that is an art deco lighter I got from goodwill.
-The lovecat was a present. It holds quarters.
-It bothers me that the top of the Post-Dispatch says the word 'website' before 'newspaper.' I read stltoday.com daily and pay too much for a crossword puzzle a couple times a week.

The aforementioned clippings fulfilling their purpose.


Rte. 3, headed south somewhere between Alton and Granite City. It's a barbecue pit of some kind, and the greatest spoiler ever.

On a more serious note, The drive up Route 3 to Alton and back is fantastic. There's the biggest goddamned factories across from farms, a geodesic dome, some kind of Lewis and Clark tower that you can go up and see the rivers meeting...In the early mornings you can see strange lights from the river beyond the tree line. Looking forward to seeing it in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment